Friday, October 26, 2012

Today's Projects= Recycled Tye Dye!

Todays goal was to not leave the house, but make numerous items.  That turned out pretty easy once I realized it was time to RECYCLE!

Now who doesn't have an old T-shirt or two laying around the house? I know I have a million!  So I started hunting through the bunch.

Flower Power Necklace

 I found the prefect old t-shirt laying in a pile. Lately I have been on a tye-dye kick , well maybe it's not a kick? More like an all the time thing! It happens when you're friends with the owners of Manitoba District!. They keep me in stock of tons of colorful Tye-Dyes for year-round lol! But I never have anything I like that matches accessory wise. Minus my millions of hemp necklaces, but every now and then everyone needs a little switch up.
T-shirt Infinity Scarf - Tye Dye Style
 


        That being said, I have some rather rough  looking tye dyes that I made with a few kids a while back. They were a bit on the lame side with not much of a pattern to them. (This is why I gave up Tye-dye and let the pros do it at Manitoba! ) Anyways! Since they weren't being worn I figured why not make them the perfect Accessory to my new favorite tye dyes? Take a peak at my new creations! :) I will gladly make more upon request just let me know if you want a specific color!









  I also wanted to mention I got the idea while browsing around some awesome craft blogs. I had seen it on numerous pages so I'm not sure who to give the first credit to. However, I started making the Infinity Scarf from a tutorial I found on : Kojo Designs

But it was linked to this awesome page I found full of home made Christmas ideas! Click here to check it out on The Happy Housewife's list of 100 great home made gifts.




Flower Bracelet and Braided Necklace set
 Sadly, all my tye-dyes are in the wash due to adventure to the farm last weekend. So I had to suffice wit my favorite black tee. Now I'm wondering if I can get away with my tye-dye accents at my "all black" uniform photography job. Guess I will have to see Sunday when I go to work ;)



Thanks for checking it out! Feel free to let me know if you would like me to make one for you.

Happy Crafting.
-Shantastic

No comments:

Post a Comment