Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Self Love Magic- Day 2 : Movement

#Selflovemagic challenge day 2:#Movement

Today I post these photos for the movement challenge not because I'm some yoga queen as you can see from the photos I'm totally not and still pretty basic haha.  But because stretching and yoga have become a key part of life this summer.
I use to be afraid to move my body. I became timid with it in middle school as I grew faster than everyone in many areas. Then they decided to line up and girls and boys alphabetically for stretches and I was then not only surrounded by judgey teenage girls but also boys.
I became so self conscious of my , uh behind? As they'd giggle and make rude comments at me as I'd stretch and bend. It made me so uncomfortable I didn't even want to dance either. And who doesn't love to dance?

Even as an adult I still deal with this. Just recently I had the displeasure of stretching in my own yard as a car drove by and whistled at me strangely.  Making me angry and grabbing my may to go inside. For many it may have been flattering but for me it was uncomfortable.

However, this summer somethings changed inside me. My body wants to move.
 I am lucky enough to know more than a few amazing yoga instructors that have changed my views. So much so that I even decided to take a training to teach children yoga to cope with trauma (and many of the techniques have helped me too!)

I don't get to do a full routine everyday however I have added that I wish to do 10 of some sort of stretch everyday and let me tell you it feels great when I get to follow through!

Now I'm still not a huge fan of group classes however I do love to come out and hide in these trees, stretch out my knees, and feel the breeze. <3

And you'll be happy to know I also danced my happy behind out here listening to the new REZZ  track and it felt amazing.

Do you want to join the fun and win prizes and meet amazing powerful females? Follow
@aerialyogagoddes Angie Sanchez​ Dr. Julie​ Loralei Bayette​ @simi_fromen Essential Rose Life​   on Insagram and check out the 7 day challenge !

#yoga #stretch #moveyourbody #selflove

No comments:

Post a Comment